A New Chapter
Congrats, Ron, and thanks for your years of effort!
Dave Arbuckle was kind enough to create a Sketchup model of my WorkMate benchtop: http://www.arbolloco.com/sketchup/MauleSkinnerBenchtop.skp
Congrats Ron!........
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Ron, congrats to you and your wife! I can say I'm an owner of several of your products, and I've found the O1 blades to be of the highest quality and performance to be found. I've spoken to you several times at various Woodworking events, and I find your knowledge, curiosity, and humility to be genuine. And to Rob Lee, many thanks for preserving Ron's legacy. In no better hands could the company be found.

For those not familiar with Ron Hock, he's a gem. One of the best books on sharpening is Ron's book. Not only does it describe how to sharpen, but it is also a very good treatise on the metallurgy behind many of the popular woodworking steels out there. Well worth the price.

Enjoy your retirement, Ron!
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Ron - I was really worried as I read through your post, wondering if the legacy that you and your crew have built over the years would have a chance of surviving with someone else in charge.  But then I read "Lee Valley" and was reassured.  Lee Valley has always impressed me with their integrity and ingenuity, and I have no doubts that they'll be faithful to what you've given them.  Thank you for everything you've done to help progress the world of modern handtools.  We would NOT be where we are today without you and some of the other pioneers who took a chance to make quality tools again.
bloggs
(01-22-2023, 07:34 PM)bloggstein Wrote: Ron - I was really worried as I read through your post, wondering if the legacy that you and your crew have built over the years would have a chance of surviving with someone else in charge.  But then I read "Lee Valley" and was reassured.  Lee Valley has always impressed me with their integrity and ingenuity, and I have no doubts that they'll be faithful to what you've given them.  Thank you for everything you've done to help progress the world of modern handtools.  We would NOT be where we are today without you and some of the other pioneers who took a chance to make quality tools again.
bloggs

I second the relief and the positive feelings as I reached the part of the OP for moving into the future.

Ron and his crew have been an absolutely reliable source that we have always felt confident in recommending.

Seeing that legacy become a part of Lee Valley gives us confidence for the future.

My best wishes to Ron, his wife, and his crew.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Looks like a "win-win" to me! Lee Valley and Rob Lee are golden in my book. Thanks for the gracious note and all the best in your future pursuits.

Doug
Congrats to both Ron and Rob.   
Smirk  A match made in WW heaven.
Laugh
You are frequently puzzled by things you tell us you fully understand. - Bob10 to EH 9/22/16

Too much has been made out of my mostly idle comments  - Cletus 12/9/15

You sound like one of those survivalist, hoarder, tin foil hat, militia, clinger, wackjobs.  - Fear Monger 1/30/13