Dadonator XL
Bummer. (17.......)
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(02-07-2023, 11:15 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: I wouldn't hesitate to by the Dadonator.  They are made by Amana, BTW.

I have a set of the old type Dadonator which I'm (not supposed to ;-) use on my SawStop.

I have a Dado King, too.  The Dadonator does a better job.  The Dado King was sharpened by Forrest, the Dadonator by my local service.  Go figure.....

Last I knew Amana bought their higher end blades from Dimar and last I knew Amana didn't make anything themselves, at least not saw blades and braised tooling.
If I remember correctly, Dimar was made by the same company, just didn't have the Amana markup. I bought a Dimar dado set about 35 years ago and that's what I was told. I wouldn't hesitate to buy any Dimar tooling.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
I make finger joints all the time using the Freud SBOX8 set and it does a great job. Forrest also makes two different sets so one can cut also cut 3/16th and 5 /16th joints. With the Forrest sets I do not see why one couldn't use all 4 blades to cut wider finger joints but since I only have the Freud set I can't say for certain. 

Tom
(04-04-2024, 07:20 AM)museumguy Wrote: If I remember correctly, Dimar was made by the same company,  just didn't have the Amana markup. I bought a Dimar dado set about 35 years ago and that's what I was told. I wouldn't hesitate to buy any Dimar tooling.

Nothing wrong with Dimar, I sell some Whiteside saw blades made by Dimar but they are transparent about it.  High quality and decent prices compared to other premium blades.
(04-07-2024, 03:10 PM)Brian in sunny FL Wrote: Nothing wrong with Dimar, I sell some Whiteside saw blades made by Dimar but they are transparent about it.  High quality and decent prices compared to other premium blades.

Exactly, if I needed more blades, I'd certainly look at Dimar.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry