Had to lodge a complaint with the BBB on Powermatic
just to let others know who own a powermatic machine.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
What was your complaint?
(01-26-2023, 03:44 PM)Wipedout Wrote: What was your complaint?

Well my inverter went out back in late October so I went to their website and filed out their contact page.  After not hearing from them for two weeks (my warranty was going to expire in December) I sent out another email asking when they would reply back about my inverter.

Not hearing from them again I tried calling and was hung up on 6 times from their phone system on thier 1-617# 

After another two months I finally was able to contact a customer service rep and she said they were very busy and I told her my problem and she transferred me to their tech dept.  The phone said to hold since they were busy and after 45 minutes it said they were closed and hung up.  That was at 1345 cst.  Tried calling again and was put on hold again and this time the phone gave the option of call back.  When I tried that option it asked me for my 10 diget phone number and I typed it in and again and again and well up to 9 times and it kept looping to the same thing.

Called again to customer service and was transfered again to tech dept and waited for another 45 minutes before the phone said they were closed and that was at 1530.

Now since January my warranty is over and they still do not answer after 9 emails and 6 calls all being disconnected.  Also found in November the inverter has been discontinued.

All I want is my lathe working again and the vets turning again.  I figure after all of that the best way is to contact BBB and open a complaint and then they may contact me.

I also think that waiting patiently for 3 hours on a phone in one day had its limits and 9 emails over 3 months.

I read the comments and all of them said the same thing with the same 1 star so I did the same.

Also found out they now have bought 6 more woodworking and metal working business.  So they are tapping out their customer services since the first lady told me they were very very short handed and no one would answer any calls but the two customer service ladies.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

(01-26-2023, 03:12 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: just to let others know who own a powermatic machine.

I have had similar problems with PM and warranty on a dust collector. I also bought an air cleaner that didn't get delivered for 5 months.

They won't get any more of my $
PSA - 

the BBB is a dinosaur / relic of the past, and has little relevance in todays marketplace. It has no power to do anything and I bet more people than not have never heard of them in 2023, let alone consulted them.
The only way I was able to get them to reply a little while back was to contact the retailer I had bought from (fortunately a small outfit with exceptional customer support) and have them contact their sales rep at powermatic.  

Seems like the private equity group that bought JPW might be trying to kill the brand.
''How can we ever hope to understand atoms?'' Heisenberg had lamented that day.

''I think we may yet be able to do so,'' Bohr replied. ''But in the process we may have to learn what the word 'understanding' really means.''
You’re better options than the BBB would be to file a complaint with the Tennessee consumers affairs division

https://www.tn.gov/attorneygeneral/worki...laint.html

And go to every social media platform that they have a presence on at post your issue Facebook Instagram, YouTube

Be polite, write it up professionally stick to the facts these days those are the only things that company seem to care about
(01-27-2023, 01:48 AM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: PSA - 

the BBB is a dinosaur / relic of the past, and has little relevance in todays marketplace. It has no power to do anything and I bet more people than not have never heard of them in 2023, let alone consulted them.

I know that but since I am not in that state I was thinking they could be my voice.  Also if PM has BBB status it would get dropped.

Who else can we try to get help from????

(01-27-2023, 11:35 AM)Wipedout Wrote: You’re better options than the BBB would be to file a complaint with the Tennessee consumers affairs division

And go to every social media platform that they have a presence on at post your issue Facebook Instagram, YouTube

Be polite, write it up professionally stick to the facts these days those are the only things that company seem to care about

I did that with the BBB but I am not part of any social media group but woodnet.

It seems PM/Jet has bought so many other brands they can not keep up.  Also found that they deleted all of the Testimonials that was there.  So many that said they did not get what they wanted or the equipment was damaged inside but not the outside pallets and stuff left out and so on.  There was a ton of remarks talking about the no responses like I had also.

(01-27-2023, 11:35 AM)Wipedout Wrote: You’re better options than the BBB would be to file a complaint with the Tennessee consumers affairs division

Thanks buddy.  I will try that after if the BBB does not work.  The best thing is send the part since it was still under warranty but now it is not.