Had to lodge a complaint with the BBB on Powermatic
Well my wife told me last night that PM sent her a text on friday.  Called and it was the tech manager who is in charge of all of their companies.

He will make it right he said even if the warranty is a few months past he said.  I now have to contact Tools Plus to find out the day and month of purchase.

I guess it does still work with BBB
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
I once had an issue with a Teknatool lathe (Nova) technical support and ended up contacting the president of the company directly. Man, did they drop everything they were doing to try and help. They did make it right, but it should require an email to the president of the company to get proper technical assistance. I got a new lathe and they even gave me a new chuck to thank me for my patience. My issues were shortly after they moved production from New Zealand to China. They used my pics to educate the folks in China about proper assembly, packaging, and quality.

I hope, Arlin, you get your problem resolved in a timely manner!
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I've think I have most of the information I need to put together a wiring diagram for the VFD that I have in order to install it on Arlin's lathe but I'd like to verify a couple of things. Searching around using Google I found a post on the AAW forum someone did that shows a lot of detail on converting this lathe over to another brand of VFD including pictures and parameter settings. I'm not a member of AAW any longer and can't access the pictures other than a very small thumbnail.

If any of you guys here are a member of the AAW forum can you help me by going to the post at the link below and saving the pictures? 

Thanks!

AAW Link
(02-02-2023, 02:01 PM)FrankAtl Wrote: I've think I have most of the information I need to put together a wiring diagram for the VFD that I have in order to install it on Arlin's lathe but I'd like to verify a couple of things. Searching around using Google I found a post on the AAW forum someone did that shows a lot of detail on converting this lathe over to another brand of VFD including pictures and parameter settings. I'm not a member of AAW any longer and can't access the pictures other than a very small thumbnail.

If any of you guys here are a member of the AAW forum can you help me by going to the post at the link below and saving the pictures? 

Thanks!

AAW Link

PM coming to you.  Send me an e-mail to the address in the PM, and the Groundhog will not see its shadow!!
earl
(02-02-2023, 02:55 PM)greenacres2 Wrote: PM coming to you.  Send me an e-mail to the address in the PM, and the Groundhog will not see its shadow!!
earl

Thank you Earl! I just replied to your PM.
(02-02-2023, 12:36 PM)AHill Wrote: I once had an issue with a Teknatool lathe (Nova) technical support and ended up contacting the president of the company directly.  Man, did they drop everything they were doing to try and help.  They did make it right, but it should require an email to the president of the company to get proper technical assistance.  I got a new lathe and they even gave me a new chuck to thank me for my patience.  My issues were shortly after they moved production from New Zealand to China.  They used my pics to educate the folks in China about proper assembly, packaging, and quality.

I hope, Arlin, you get your problem resolved in a timely manner!

Thanks Allan

The tech manager told me he would reach out to other businesses to get help in replacing my inverter and yesterday none would help.  Also I told him my warranty ran out a few years before but he wanted proof so Tools Plus sent a sales ticket and that is when he said he would try to see if anyother business could help.

Now it is just Frank who is helping by getting one and programming it.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

So glad that Frank is able to help you out!  Just want to be sure that I understand the latest round - is the tech manager saying that Powermatic is refusing to honor a warranty because they can't get other businesses to source a part they don't have?  If they can't locate the part, they should replace the whole dang machine with the current equivalent model.
''How can we ever hope to understand atoms?'' Heisenberg had lamented that day.

''I think we may yet be able to do so,'' Bohr replied. ''But in the process we may have to learn what the word 'understanding' really means.''
Is your warranty a few months gone (did it expire while trying to get help?). Or is it a few years gone?
I dropped my complaint with the BBB my warranty was could you believe 4 years out of warranty.  How time flys.  It still agravates me on the call system and responses to the emails but it is not their problem except for buying cheap software.  Found out Delta S1 inverter was not made by Delta but a chineese factory and it seems due to all the talk I found hundreds have gone bad so far that I have seen.  

O well all I can say is thank you to Frank for helping me out.

Thanks for the clarification Arlin, I think we have all been there with regard to time moving faster than we thought.
''How can we ever hope to understand atoms?'' Heisenberg had lamented that day.

''I think we may yet be able to do so,'' Bohr replied. ''But in the process we may have to learn what the word 'understanding' really means.''