The Woodworking Show -- Indy
(01-31-2023, 11:13 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: I started attending when they were having the shows at Bartal? Hall in KC. Probably went 20 years without missing one, either a KC show or IL show. Sometimes both KC and IL.
Used to attend the breakfast meets before the shows. Members here and from other forums.
Then about 2015 or so, the attendance went down, had to pay parking, entry fees went up. Vendor showing was pitiful.
Last one I attended was on the Kansas side of KC.
That's when the junk really showed up. Half the show was filled with used, leftover, old stock, china made crap. And no bargains, show prices. There was only one machinery dealer, Powermatic.

The last one I went to was held in Overland Park at that Expo Center; I can't remember how long ago, but has to be at least 12 years since then.

The usual tool hawking and demos.  But the back end of the hall was occupied by what looked like a large flea market setup of junk tools, most of it non-WWing related.

I had to drive 200 miles to get there.  So disappointed I quit going.
Ray
(formerly "WxMan")
(02-01-2023, 09:50 AM)R Clark Wrote: The last one I went to was held in Overland Park at that Expo Center; I can't remember how long ago, but has to be at least 12 years since then.

The usual tool hawking and demos.  But the back end of the hall was occupied by what looked like a large flea market setup of junk tools, most of it non-WWing related.

I had to drive 200 miles to get there.  So disappointed I quit going.

Yep. I always looked forward in going each year. Loved it. Me and a good bud would spend all day there. Have lunch, go back.
Then stop at HF, Woodcraft, the Sears Outlet, then get home very late.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020