Glass Break Sensor Testing
Good morning - our home security system uses one glass break sensor in a spare bedroom.  It is an Intellisense FG-730 made by honeywell.  I would like to test this sensor.  I know honeywell makes a test tool (FG-700) that simulates breaking glass but the cost is prohibitive for a one time use.  I want to test if the sensor activates an alarm when it is armed.  Any suggestions/ideas?

Thanks
Rick
Rick

(02-01-2023, 05:16 AM)Rick_B Wrote: Good morning - our home security system uses one glass break sensor in a spare bedroom.  It is an Intellisense FG-730 made by honeywell.  I would like to test this sensor.  I know honeywell makes a test tool (FG-700) that simulates breaking glass but the cost is prohibitive for a one time use.  I want to test if the sensor activates an alarm when it is armed.  Any suggestions/ideas?

Thanks
Rick

Break a piece of glass with a hammer.  Might want to put something underneath for containment.  

John
Is there a recording that might be used? 
Anyone else remember, "is it live, or is it Memorex?" from back in the day?

Maybe check here:
https://brinkshome.com/smartcenter/sound...eak-sensor
We had a home security system that had several glass break detectors. The installers tested them by sharply clapping their hands near the detectors. This would set them off with nothing damaged except perhaps sore hands. 
I would clap near the detectors occasionally to test them and it worked for me. Sometimes I had to clap several times to get a response. Probably needed to achieve a certain frequency or loudness.
Give it a try, what have you got to lose?
The alarm service I use told me to rattle a couple of small empty pots near the sensor. Seemed to trip it on their end.
If you don't have one you want to get rid of, go to Goodwill or salvation army store and buy a drinking glass. Put that in a box near the sensor and whack it with a spoon.
Industry veteran. Jangle your keys near it. Hiss at it (yes, really). The authentic method is close to what others have suggested. Put some broken glass in a mason jar and instead of a lid, put window screen under the jar ring. Shake it!