Cross Cut Blade Recommendation
Hi Guys,

I need some recommendations for a good cross cut blade for my 10” tablesaw. I have a Forest combo and a Freud rip blade that serve their purpose but a dedicated cross cut would be great.

Thanks,

Mike
I have the Freud LU91M010 (thin kerf) and Freud LU85R010 (full kerf) blades. The LU91 lives on my miter saw while the LU85 see duty on the table saw. I would recommend either one.
(02-03-2023, 10:21 AM)sweensdv2 Wrote: I have the Freud LU91M010 (thin kerf) and Freud LU85R010 (full kerf) blades.  The LU91 lives on my miter saw while the LU85 see duty on the table saw.  I would recommend either one.

^^same^^ (no experience with thin kerf version)
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
(02-04-2023, 05:53 PM)Aram Wrote: ^^same^^ (no experience with thin kerf version)

I ordered it yesterday and Amazon is delivering it tomorrow. 

Thanks,

Mike
I think you'll find Freud do not have the longevity of sharpness, that's the main reason I've quit using them.

My go to brand is CMT, there are many others non premium $$ like Tenryu, Amana, etc.
(02-07-2023, 10:50 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: I think you'll find Freud do not have the longevity of sharpness, that's the main reason I've quit using them.

My go to brand is CMT, there are many others non premium $$ like Tenryu, Amana, etc.

Has this been the experience of anyone else here?

Doug
(02-07-2023, 10:50 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: I think you'll find Freud do not have the longevity of sharpness, that's the main reason I've quit using them.

Absolutely. I've been in a commercial woodworking setting for 40 years. If you look at industrial blades, the carbide is much thicker. The reason is to get more sharpening's, among other things. The Freud blade that you purchase at HD for example, the carbide tips are smaller. Less sharpening's. It's a trade off really. At my current place of employment, we use the same blades the you would buy at HD. It just means less sharpening's before we run out of teeth. Nothing wrong with that at all.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
You've mentioned a totally different factor than the one I interpreted. I thought the responder was saying that Freud blades do not hold their sharpness as long as the CMT or others, NOT that they had a smaller amount of carbide as to be able to be sharpened less times than others.

Doug
(02-07-2023, 10:45 PM)Tapper Wrote: You've mentioned a totally different factor than the one I interpreted. I thought the responder was saying that Freud blades do not hold their sharpness as long as the CMT or others, NOT that they had a smaller amount of carbide as to be able to be sharpened less times than others.

Doug

That's how I took it. I've never had that problem.
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
Stehle.
Available from http://www.stehle-int.com and some speciality saw sharpening businesses.
Gary

Please don’t quote the trolls.
Liberty, Freedom and Individual Responsibility
Say what you'll do and do what you say.