Bridge City tool works
(02-08-2023, 05:14 AM)Pedder Wrote: I've yet to see a bad review of the BCT after the the Change of director.
Did the quality go down? 

Where  the original BCT completly made in USA? Without foreign parts? Sure?
I think it's principal more than anything. Many people patronized John over the years and were loyal to him. His tools were well respected, IMO, and more so he was always trying to create/invent new tools. That sawing contraption he sold that used a Japanese saw was one such tool.

Anyway, then a guy sells out and now China craps out his tools and profits. As a user should we support those companies? I don't know about Germany, but in America we have a horrible problem with China and many of us don't want to see them control all of our manufacturing.

Speaking for myself, I don't care how great the tools are, I won't buy them.

EDIT: In a way it seems like a win-win. John gets to retire, all the users still have the tools they bought from him, now if we stop supporting the Chinese company, the best thing would be if they don't recover their investment. Doesn't that seem like a win-win? For American it seems so to me. Pre-Chinesium will always be worth more in the end anyway. Might be a good time to look for them on ebay. LOL
Alan
Geometry was the most critical/useful mathematics class I had, and it didn't even teach me mathematics.