Bridge City tool works
Anyone else get their emails?

Lots of fire sale prices on their tools lately.

which make me wonder if they have that much markup on their tools or they are in need of cash flow.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

Yes, I got so many of their emails, I have to direct them to spam. I was literally getting daily or near daily emails from them for the past several months.
I have bought two items from them in the past.. They work well. Are they overpriced, even at the sale price ? Probably.

My guess is that they are desperate to make sales happen.
I assume that since they are now made in China and the economy has slowed down, that sales are not as strong as they were when they purchased the company.
(02-03-2023, 01:04 PM)paul2004 Wrote: Yes, I got so many of their emails, I have to direct them to spam. I was literally getting daily or near daily emails from them for the past several months.
I have bought two items from them in the past.. They work well. Are they overpriced, even at the sale price ? Probably.

I assume that since they are now made in China and the economy has slowed down, that sales are not as strong as they were when they purchased the company.

actually at the fire sale prices, they seem reasonably priced.

miter squares were $98, $115, $132 (depends on size) on sale for $31.50, $39 & $46.50 ... about 1/3 the original price...

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

(02-03-2023, 01:04 PM)paul2004 Wrote: Yes, I got so many of their emails, I have to direct them to spam. I was literally getting daily or near daily emails from them for the past several months.

I don't even give Bridge City Tools a second look anymore since they became a Chinese company: too bad really. The stuff made by the original BCT was very nice (but expensive) stuff.
The reason they're selling the same thing at 1/2 or 1/3 of the regular price is either that they over produce or that they thought they could get away with the over price strategy. If Chris Schwarz could sell a made in usa hat for $45, do you think he could do the same trick with an imported piece?

BCT immediately lost its goodwill value once it was sold to an Asian business (not necessarily just China; it'd make no difference if the new owner was Vietnam). There's a reason why a Mercedes Benz made in Mexico is asking a lot less than one imported from Germany.

Simon
Weren't they purchased by Harvey?
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Apologies for picture orientation:

[Image: Screen-Shot-2023-02-05-at-10-22-28-AM.png]" />
Yes, BCT is now Chinese, but even if it was another Asian country, the fate would be the same -- most old customers are lost.

Simon
I had a very high up mucketity muck in this past week. His job (can’t say current company) was supplier development. He said he could work with China as they would do what they were paid to do, but could not trust India for any sum of money.

Bear in mind these are parts for new cars.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
I've talked to a few people in different industries about Chinese factories....they all said something to the effect...the Chinese factories will produce any quality you want from pure cr*p to quite excellent, but you have to watch them like a hawk to make sure you get what you paid for.

Mark