Bridge City tool works
(02-09-2023, 08:42 PM)bandit571 Wrote: About the same as "Oh, it was made in Germany....so it has to be good" right...

You might want to wake up out of your "slumber" and come to the realization that we're talking about the COMMUNIST CHINESE!!!

What part of this doesn't register with you? Last time I checked Germany was an ally of ours, and not an enemy. We "persuaded" them back in 1945.

Doug
(02-09-2023, 08:42 PM)bandit571 Wrote: About the same as "Oh, it was made in Germany....so it has to be good" right...

Based on my vast life experience, I can say with a high degree of certainty that products produced by Germany in my lifetime are significantly above average in terms of quality. My Mercedes is without a doubt the best car I have ever owned. My best DT saw is made in Germany (
Winkgrin). from tools to home appliances to cars to steel, they know how to make good products. So, having had this sort of experience, I can and often do assume that if its German made its probably either good or very good (theres that DT saw again
Smirk). There are some cultures that rise to the top in terms of producing goods in the free market. Other cultures exhibit their own strengths and weaknesses. No sin to acknowledge these differences.
(02-10-2023, 01:54 PM)FrankAtl Wrote: What a ridiculous statement!

Agreed.  Stupid, in fact.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I buy all kinds of stuff made in China, and pay Made in China prices. I buy stuff at HF and pay HF prices.

To buy Made in China BCT stuff at American BCT prices? No way!

I do care where a tool was made, and look at the asking price to assess if the price is reasonable. The cost bases are different among origins (wages, environmental costs, etc.).

Simon
(02-10-2023, 05:31 PM)bandit571 Wrote: Ok...I REALLY do NOT care where a tool was made....the ONLY thing that matters to me, is whether that tool does the jobs I need it to do.

Last I looked, the United States is NOT at war with China.....although there are "sanctions" in place on some items...have not heard whether hand tools are.

So..shall we set up some dang fool Crusade (again) about the Infamous "Yellow Peril".....because that is the way some of you are sounding like...and calling others "Stupid" when they don't agree.....REAL CLASSY ...or is it a LACK of any class? 

I have zero tolerance for.....Bullies, Fools, Racists, and Name -calling....what is this...Kindergarten?

The word "Delusional" comes to mind. There is professional help available. BTW, when you purposely stir up the hornet's nest, don't expect the hornets to fly away.

Doug

Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that

Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Winkgrin
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
People living in a place ruled by dictators all (appear to) get along. That's why.

Simon
Gents, lets keep this about Bridge City, or even relative merits of country of manufacture, but keep the personal stuff out.

Thanks

Mike
“How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”

- Winnie the Pooh, as relayed through Author A. A. Milne