2 tools to study..
Lufkin made all kinds of precision measuring tools. Back in 1962 and 1963. One  salesman from a local industrial supplier used to stop by  where I worked ( Berry Tool and Die) monthly and take orders for stuff the workers wanted. The standard fare was a 0-1, 1-2 1nd 2-3 mike, A square , a steel rule, and a dial test indicator. I still have my Lufkin 18 inch hardened steel square. Berry went bankrupt in October of 63 and I joined the Navy. Lufkin had stopped making every thing but tap measures by the time I got out of the Navy.

I never noticed if it is heart shaped or not. If I remember I will look tomorrow and get back to you.   

Tom
Lufkin was also my guess on the square.  Millers Falls had a couple of enclosed handle hacksaws that were similar to that but can't recall if handle shape was the same or not.