2 tools to study..
Today, added a new blade to my Hacksaw....old one was dull, cutting all-thread didn't help...

Note:   That wing nut and that regular nut is a one piece thing....

Scales are a bit loose..."bolts" have those slots on both ends....

Although Montgomery Wards NEVER MADE a tool....logo says.."WARDS MASTER QUALITY"

Wondering who made this hacksaw....

Second tool....

This is the square in use for the current project....Note the heart shaped opening?    Anyone ever seen one like this?  Head is missing the level, not a real biggie..

Ruler is probability a replacement...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Looks like the square is probably missing a "scribe" also. I think you can get by without that also.
Oh, I do have the scribe...just will not stay in the head....sits on a nearby shelf, in case I really need it....
Anyone have a Stanley catalog from the SweetHeart era? Just a WAG.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Pretty sure I have that same hacksaw around the farm...somewhere. The yellow handles look familiar and grandpa was a big Monkey Wards fan.
They had a small store 15 miles away. It was oriented towards farmers, sold tools, tractor tires etc. Even had a farm tire service truck.

Ed
So..apparently, the OEM ruler was only 9" long...instead of the current 12"?  
As for the "missing " Scribe..

It is still around, just won't stay put, is all...
Here in NW Pa, Wards was preferred over Sears by organized trades, because Sears was non-union and Wards (in the era) was union.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
(02-11-2023, 11:33 PM)bandit571 Wrote: So..apparently, the OEM ruler was only 9" long...instead of the current 12"?  

Back as a young man I worked in a machine shop here in CT.  One of the shop tools was a Lufkin 9-inch combination square.  It looked just like that.  The "Japanning" on the head was sort of a dark olive green color, rather than black.  As I recall it did have a heart-shaped opening like yours and maybe a diamond pattern cast in there. I had a six and a twelve inch Starrett combination square (still do) so I didn't use it much, but it was handy sometimes, mostly when I wanted to set three separate dimensions for laying out a bunch of parts.

Lufkin made more than just tape measures, I have a 4-inch machinist's square that's the equal to any of the Starrett's or B&S.

DC
(02-11-2023, 11:33 PM)bandit571 Wrote: So..apparently, the OEM ruler was only 9" long...instead of the current 12"?  

Lay the scribe across the open jaws of your vise and give the shank a tap with a small hammer..bend it very slightly and it should stay put when inserted into the head.
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(02-12-2023, 08:27 AM)DCarr10760 Wrote: Back as a young man I worked in a machine shop here in CT.  One of the shop tools was a Lufkin 9-inch combination square.  It looked just like that.  The "Japanning" on the head was sort of a dark olive green color, rather than black.  As I recall it did have a heart-shaped opening like yours and maybe a diamond pattern cast in there. I had a six and a twelve inch Starrett combination square (still do) so I didn't use it much, but it was handy sometimes, mostly when I wanted to set three separate dimensions for laying out a bunch of parts.

Lufkin made more than just tape measures, I have a 4-inch machinist's square that's the equal to any of the Starrett's or B&S.

DC
Lufkin made more than just tape measures

Yes they did...the first one inch micrometer I ever owned was a Lufkin...I think I still have it somewhere...
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset