Porter Cable Nail Gun Problem
Parts are due today - the first supplier showed all parts in stock but turns out they were not and they said 10 to 14 days at least to get them.  Cancelled that order and reordered at erplacement parts.  The order shipped the next day and are due today.  A little more expensive but at least they will be here.
Rick

ereplacement is the first place I usually ck.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(03-02-2023, 11:52 PM)MstrCarpenter Wrote: I still have a couple Bostitch N-16 framers working. For general framing they're way too heavy compared to my newer N-80's and my "go to" is a Hitachi. However when working with L.V.L's, they're the only ones that will still bury a 3 1/2" nail.

Yeah, some of the old framing guns were beasts.  I've got a thirty year old Duo-Fast CN350 that'll do a 20d nail and 2-1/2" masonry nails.  Keeps a small compressor busy and are very loud.
I still have a N16 also, when dad bought it, N80's weren't made....its not a tool you want to use overhead.
But, when you need it, you have it.

Ed
Well got all the parts installed and reassembled.   Gun works perfect now!!
Rick

(03-05-2023, 01:15 AM)EdL Wrote: I still have a N16 also, when dad bought it, N80's weren't made....its not a tool you want to use overhead.
But, when you need it, you have it.

Ed

I bought one when the lumberyard had a demo of the "new" guns. First use; frame a wall. On the first stud I noticed the contact tip was harder to depress than I was used to. First nail out of a brand new gun double fired. That second nail missed the end of the shoe. It went thru my index finger, thru my middle finger, and into my ring finger. Ouch!

Pull it out, stop the leaks with electrical tape, connect the N-16, and get back to work.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"