Hand Works
(02-12-2023, 10:17 AM)tablesawtom Wrote: I was in Amana yesterday and my wife picked up some brochures of coming events. She called my attention to the fact that Hand Works is printed in their brochures and advertised. So it looks like it will actually happen this year. Sept. 1@2. Hand works 2023 is posted on line.

Tom

Thank for posting, made my reservation
Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Slav
"More the Knowledge Lesser the Ego, Lesser the Knowledge More the Ego..."   -Albert Einstein.
I am planning on going to the show on Friday. My wife had a maroon tee shirt made that has Tablesawtom in white on the back. If you see me stop me and say high.

The Big 4 Fair is going in Nashua Ia. on that week end also. I am planning on getting a spot where people set up and market things. I have a Nickelson bench that  I am going to set up at the fair and try to get a wood working club started in my area so I can't be at the show on Saturday also. I though I would have a plane to try out, a couple of bench hooks for sawing and a station for kids to pound nails.  Also a few boards with some finger and dovetailed joints.

Any other idea's

Tom
(06-25-2023, 09:38 AM)tablesawtom Wrote: I am planning on going to the show on Friday. My wife had a maroon tee shirt made that has Tablesawtom in white on the back. If you see me stop me and say high.

The Big 4 Fair is going in Nashua Ia. on that week end also. I am planning on getting a spot where people set up and market things. I have a Nickelson bench that  I am going to set up at the fair and try to get a wood working club started in my area so I can't be at the show on Saturday also. I though I would have a plane to try out, a couple of bench hooks for sawing and a station for kids to pound nails.  Also a few boards with some finger and dovetailed joints.

Any other idea's

Tom
and a station for kids to pound nails.

Take some Bandaids....
Crazy
Big Grin
Often Tested.    Always Faithful.      Brothers Forever

Jack Edgar, Sgt. U.S. Marines, Korea, America's Forgotten War
Get off my lawn !
Upset

(06-26-2023, 08:10 AM)Timberwolf Wrote: .............
and a station for kids to pound nails. 

Take some Bandaids....
Crazy
Big Grin

It's been a busy couple of years of "honey do " projects around the house, but hoping to go at least for a day. It's a bit of a drive.
BontzSawWorks.net
(03-26-2023, 02:31 PM)Jack01 Wrote: Thank for posting, made my reservation

It looks like all  hotels are full in Amana on those days, so far no luck on hotel reservation.
Any suggestions on options ?
(06-27-2023, 11:43 AM)Jack01 Wrote: It looks like all  hotels are full in Amana on those days, so far no luck on hotel reservation.
Any suggestions on options ?

Cedar Rapids and Iowa City are literally about 10 miles away.  Iowa City is usually cheaper.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
There is also Williamsburg and Marengo. There is a Tangier Mall in Williamsburg. Williamsburg is on 80 and about 7 miles farther than Marengo.  The drive from Marengo is a pleasant drive to the Iowa countryside on HYW 6. You will get to 2 villages of the other colonies before getting to Main Amana. If you chose either of the two places you can actually to to all the colonies because they are on a rectangle.

If you stay in Iowa City I prefer getting to Amana by driving HYW 6 instead of Interstate 80 and then going north. All 3 routs will take you through Homestead, which is one of the colonies.

Neither of the towns listed are any farther than Iowa city or Cedar Rapids. The drive is easier because of traffic. The road at the Tangier Mall will take you north to HYW 6.

I hope this helps.

Tom
(07-02-2023, 09:13 AM)tablesawtom Wrote: There is also Williamsburg and Marengo. There is a Tangier Mall in Williamsburg. Williamsburg is on 80 and about 7 miles farther than Marengo.  The drive from Marengo is a pleasant drive to the Iowa countryside on HYW 6. You will get to 2 villages of the other colonies before getting to Main Amana. If you chose either of the two places you can actually to to all the colonies because they are on a rectangle.

If you stay in Iowa City I prefer getting to Amana by driving HYW 6 instead of Interstate 80 and then going north. All 3 routs will take you through Homestead, which is one of the colonies.

Neither of the towns listed are any farther than Iowa city or Cedar Rapids. The drive is easier because of traffic. The road at the Tangier Mall will take you north to HYW 6.

I hope this helps.

Tom

For those attending (not me, drive from NJ is just too long, but maybe some day), its good to have some local knowledge.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis