Hand Works
I was in Amana yesterday and my wife picked up some brochures of coming events. She called my attention to the fact that Hand Works is printed in their brochures and advertised. So it looks like it will actually happen this year. Sept. 1@2. Hand works 2023 is posted on line.

Tom
(02-12-2023, 10:17 AM)tablesawtom Wrote: I was in Amana yesterday and my wife picked up some brochures of coming events. She called my attention to the fact that Hand Works is printed in their brochures and advertised. So it looks like it will actually happen this year. Sept. 1@2. Hand works 2023 is posted on line.

Tom

It is definitely time to verify if the event is going to happen.  I wouldn't rely on brochures that were printed, who knows when.  Also, I recall some people losing their room deposits at the hotels, so check with the operators of those facilities.

My question is what will be shown if the manufacturers can't meet the demands of their current (internet, mail-order) customers?  Since Robin Lee should have a finger on the pulse of Handworks, perhaps he could confirm his company's plans for the event.  Same for Lie-Nielsen.  They would both be "Without which Not" participants, I would guess.

Update:  The Handworks web page does have an impressive list of participating companies, individuals and presenters for this coming September.
(02-13-2023, 07:20 PM)Mike Brady Wrote: It is definitely time to verify if the event is going to happen.  I wouldn't rely on brochures that were printed, who knows when.  Also, I recall some people losing their room deposits at the hotels, so check with the operators of those facilities.

My question is what will be shown if the manufacturers can't meet the demands of their current (internet, mail-order) customers?  Since Robin Lee should have a finger on the pulse of Handworks, perhaps he could confirm his company's plans for the event.  Same for Lie-Nielsen.  They would both be "Without which Not" participants, I would guess.

I just stated that it is printed in an all year events brochure. Color brochures are somewhat costly to print. Amana just happens to be on the national register of historic places and it gets thousands of visitors every year. So at the time of printing it is a scheduled event. And they take it seriously. I also stated that I checked Hand Works 2023 web page and it is listed as well as the venders planning on being there.

The last time it was scheduled, Covid hit, and the country went on lock down. Everything got canceled. You remember people not getting their deposits back but you neglected to say way why the show was cancelled.

Room deposits, who is going to be there and so forth are not my responsibility. Whether or not you go or if you reserve a room or not  ( Bob Dillan said it best, don't you understand it is not my problem). 

All I did, is post that it is a scheduled event this year and what you think or how you proceed with that information is your responsibility not mine.  

Tom
(02-13-2023, 07:20 PM)Mike Brady Wrote: It is definitely time to verify if the event is going to happen.  I wouldn't rely on brochures that were printed, who knows when.  Also, I recall some people losing their room deposits at the hotels, so check with the operators of those facilities.

I will not be at this event - just too far to go from where I live. However, I do remember the thread on these pages last year about the people who were complaining about room deposits as well as some pre-payments who said they were not able to get these deposits/pre-payments refunded when the event was cancelled. As I recall Benchcrafted was the primary sponsor - were they the ones who cancelled the show? Have they committed to being a primary sponsor this year and have they committed to being at the show? Also, has Benchcrafted announced their attendance and/or printed a brochure to that effect? 

Doug
All shows got cancelled by the Covid, and no one was to be blamed. Yet, Handworks organizer should offer free admissions to those who didn't get their deposits back.

Simon
Admission to Hand Works has always been free.

Cliff
‘The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence
Charles Bukowski
Hand Works is the show only. Jameel's responsibilities are to supply the venders and the three building it is housed in.  And to be in charge during the show. He has nothing to do with whether or not you make reservations at a particular hotel- motel. If a person makes a reservation at a motel then it is his responsibility to know the date it has to be canceled by in order to get the retainer refunded. Not the Hand Works show.
I have attended Handworks twice before, and it was totally worth it.

Bring money. Lots of money.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
(02-12-2023, 10:17 AM)tablesawtom Wrote: I was in Amana yesterday and my wife picked up some brochures of coming events. She called my attention to the fact that Hand Works is printed in their brochures and advertised. So it looks like it will actually happen this year. Sept. 1@2. Hand works 2023 is posted on line.

Tom

Thanks for the heads up, Tom. Would love to go this year.
BontzSawWorks.net
Reservations are now open, made my hotel reservations.

Didn't get to go last time.

Cory
"Oh. Um, l-- look, i-- i-- if we built this large wooden badger" ~ Sir Bedevere