Even more benchtop patching
So the Beginning and Intermediate Woodworking night classes have been running for a few weeks at the Kansas City Woodworkers' Guild. That means the repair squawk list has grown. People make mistakes, equipment needs servicing. And once again, somebody has been dropping still spinning router bits onto work surfaces.

And since they added a new gouge to the benchtop I patched with a squirrel last time, now he gets an acorn.

On another bench, a nice Fig Newton holder was created when, once again, somebody didn't check all the Domino Joiner settings before plunging into their work.

There, a rabbit patch, because they were in a hurry.

Hackberry for the bunny and acorn body. Walnut for the bunny eye and acorn hat.

Since I'm generally using scraps to make the repairs, I don't always have a great choice. I wish either the light portion or the dark portion of the hackberry had been large enough for the whole bunny. But it is what it is. 

As before, got the SVG files from the Noun Project. Then did a bit of editing and cut the pocket and patch with the Shaper Origin. Press fit.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Lol.....good stuff Rob.

Ed
cool!  but . . . bring back the poo!  
Winkgrin
Laugh
(02-14-2023, 02:23 PM)arthropod98 Wrote: cool!  but . . . bring back the poo!  
Winkgrin
Laugh

Need to make a new version that is wearing safety glasses.
(02-15-2023, 10:10 AM)Rob Young Wrote: Need to make a new version that is wearing safety glasses.

perfect!!!  
Laugh
So what happens if someone gouges a patch?
VH07V  
(02-16-2023, 03:27 PM)EightFingers Wrote: So what happens if someone gouges a patch?

Patch gets a patch. Kinda hoping the squirrel's eye gets hit because then it becomes pirate squirrel.
Slinging poo patch...........
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

actually, this thread makes me wait until the bit spins down before placing the router on the bench.
I appreciate that!

Plus, I couldn't afford your travel from Kansas to install a poo patch  
Big Grin
Dave