New "Disston" Hand Saws
https://www.amazon.com/Disston-Cross-Cut...r=8-4&th=1

They also are selling a rip.  $300 for either seems really excessive; looks like made in the UK, likely by Flinn in Sheffield.  I'll pass, especially when you can get a Flinn Pax for half this price.  Reminds me of Stanley with their now mostly discontinued 'sweetheart' line.  I'll pass.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(02-16-2023, 02:50 PM)Admiral Wrote: https://www.amazon.com/Disston-Cross-Cut...r=8-4&th=1

They also are selling a rip.  $300 for either seems really excessive; looks like made in the UK, likely by Flinn in Sheffield.  I'll pass, especially when you can get a Flinn Pax for half this price.  Reminds me of Stanley with their now mostly discontinued 'sweetheart' line.  I'll pass.

But Amazon describes it as “corded, electric”, that probably explains the price!

It does look like a Pax style. Having a Pax (plus dozens of other vintage and modern makes), the Pax is a huge bargain.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
A closeup of the teeth shows they aren't very sharp. The tips are rounded off. Heck, even a teeth punch makes sharper teeth. For $299, I'd expect a very well sharpened saw. At least it's a tapered saw plate. The handle looks nice and comfortable to use. Again, though, for that money you can get a pretty nice freshly sharpened vintage D8.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I have a fairly good supply of the Original Disston line of saws...so....I think I will pass...one "new" saw is costing MORE than I PAID for all of my 35 saws combined...ouch..
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that
Here's the link to the saw on the Disston site: https://disstontools.com/product/disston...aw-10-tpi/
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
(02-17-2023, 06:21 AM)Tony Z Wrote: But Amazon describes it as “corded, electric”, that probably explains the price!
You owe me a keyboard cleaning Tony, I just spit ice tea all over it...LOL

It would be a darn cold day in your know where, before I spent $300 on a $75 saw. The first thing I would do is re-shape the handle...
Rolleyes
Alan
Geometry was the most critical/useful mathematics class I had, and it didn't even teach me mathematics.
This handle is about 100 years old.

And that is on a D8 (pre-hyphen) 28" , 5-1/2 ppi RIP saw,,,,
In the till, there is both a D-100(the 100 is inside of the D )  And there is a D-112...hanging on the outside of the tool cabinet,,,,

And,,once you grab onto these older saws...you just don't want to let go....not only have the handles been shaped at the Disston factory by someone that KNEW how to make these handle,  over the decades of USE, they have become even better shaped,,,,VERY comfy, and no blistered hands...made to use all day long, and every day...

7ppi from 1927era?  

When I walk through those sales, and see a saw...first thing I do is grab the handle,,,and sight down the saw plate...if the plate looks good,,yet I can't seem to let go of the handle..I usually wind up buying it...

Just can't turn down a "Pretty Face"...
Show me a picture, I'll build a project from that