Another shout out for Moen
The little knob that diverts water from the rainfall shower head to the handheld unit has positive 'stops' by design, so you can reach up and switch without looking/fiddling if need be.  That diverter started moving freely a couple weeks back.  Still sent water where it was supposed to go, but finnicky to get it just right.  I've never really liked the rainfall part of the set (and wouldn't buy it again) but the handheld is good... so I reached out to Moen. 

I buy plumbing fixtures for 'design' rather than 'by name', and very seldom register products.   My HomeDepot history was a few months short of the purchase date, so no receipt.  But a few Emails back and forth to clarify the problem and a new set is in the mail from Moen.
I have to contact them. I have a "touch free" kitchen faucet, We really like it but sometimes it drips when off. No big deal I thought. I've been trying to troubleshoot air in my supply pipe. We're on a well and have a pretty extensive water treatment system. Lots of places I could be getting air.

The other morning my wife woke me up in the middle of the night and told me we have no water. I went to the basement to make sure we didn't bust a pipe. All was good. I turned on the basement sink faucet and had plenty of water and pressure. Wen tback upstairs and no water but I left the faucet run because I could feel air blowing out the spigot... and then the water came through. I came back down to the 1st floor and found that the touchless faucet was dripping, more than usual. All the water in the pipes above that faucet had drained out through that faucet. Air appears to be coming in though the faucet.
It doesn't make 100% sense to me though. Why isn't the well pump pushing water into the system above that faucet? So, I unplugged the solenoid on the faucet and we are just using the handle. No more air in the pipes. I'm guessing the solenoid wasn't closing the valve completely.

Maybe Moen can help.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

I think you've got the one with the black control box. Rev.2 is grey, the faucet handle is actually a switch. I got both versions from my shop last night. The black one was used for two weeks in a 60K kitchen remodel before it wouldn't shut off completely so it was replaced (overnight) courtesy of Moen. They said the valve was not serviceable (I beg to differ). Happened again about 6mo.s later and Moen sent a "Rev. 2" because they didn't have any black control units. I "serviced" the black box, removing a small amount of debris from the screen and the customer was happier not having to rely on electronics to turn on the faucet. ( and swapping the A.C. adapter to the battery pack during an outage.)

So if Moen sends you a new unit, great. If there's only one hose going to the spout, the handle is a switch. On the black units I've dealt with there's hot/cold and the spout. There's two small screen filters in the control. If they're clogged, there's not enough balancing pressure to assist the small electric valve(s). The other one I have is brand new with a grey controller, and I have no experience with them.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"
New shower set arrived yesterday.  Small 'fancy' detail on the edge of the rain shower head not on the new one.  I wonder if that little detail could be the difference that makes it 'exclusive' to Home Depot or Lowe's?  Not something I would've noticed without having the two side by side.
(03-03-2023, 12:54 AM)MstrCarpenter Wrote: I think you've got the one with the black control box. Rev.2 is grey, the faucet handle is actually a switch. I got both versions from my shop last night. The black one was used for two weeks in a 60K kitchen remodel before it wouldn't shut off completely so it was replaced (overnight) courtesy of Moen. They said the valve was not serviceable (I beg to differ). Happened again about 6mo.s later and Moen sent a "Rev. 2" because they didn't have any black control units. I "serviced" the black box, removing a small amount of debris from the screen and the customer was happier not having to rely on electronics to turn on the faucet. ( and swapping the A.C. adapter to the battery pack during an outage.)

So if Moen sends you a new unit, great. If there's only one hose going to the spout, the handle is a switch. On the black units I've dealt with there's hot/cold and the spout. There's two small screen filters in the control. If they're clogged, there's not enough balancing pressure to assist the small electric valve(s). The other one I have is brand new with a grey controller, and I have no experience with them.

Mine is black... 1 tube
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

Yea, I got the colors wrong. My grey controller has six hoses, one of which houses an in-line filter. the other filter is attached to a brass plug on the bottom. On the black controller the filters are housed in the supply line fittings. You can use a 7/16" wrench to push the release ring upwards and remove the "quick connect" fitting so you can get to the filters in a more accessible position.
Sign at N.E. Vocational School Cabinetmaking Shop 1976, "Free knowledge given daily... Bring your own container"