Saw Blade Sharpening Service
Hello All , my long time sharpening service has closed . I am in the market for a new service . I am in northeast Indiana . I am used to shipping them out , although my last place was only in Elkhart , not far from me . Any help is much appreciated . Thanks Gary
(02-28-2023, 07:03 PM)Gabby Wrote: Hello All , my long time sharpening service has closed . I am in the market for a new service . I am in northeast Indiana . I am used to shipping them out , although my last place was only in Elkhart , not far from me . Any help is much appreciated . Thanks Gary

Dynamic Saw in Buffalo, NY has great machines, great people, and very fair prices.  I'm local and they've sharpened my TS blades for 10 years or so now.  Always great results.  

John
I noticed last week that our local Woodcraft is offering saw sharpening services. I do not know if this is unique to our franchise or if it is something that Woodcraft is offering in more locations.

In full disclosure, I have not tried them.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Dynamic saw is excellent, I've used them a few times and have never been disappointed. Another name that's not too far from you is 3B Saw and Tool, formally called Bull Sharpening. They're in Elmhurst IL, and are a full service shop (router bits, drill bits, saw blades,) I've used them for quite a few years and they d excellent work.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(02-28-2023, 08:22 PM)jteneyck Wrote: Dynamic Saw in Buffalo, NY has great machines, great people, and very fair prices.  I'm local and they've sharpened my TS blades for 10 years or so now.  Always great results.  

John

Thanks John & Fred , appreciate the info . Will definitely contact them . Gary
I use my local Woodcraft.
They have a guy that comes in and picks them up. Turnouround time is a week.
I've had them sharpened several times over the years and have been happy with the results. Even had a tooth replaced on one blade once.
Rocky Mountain Sharp Shop is an industrial sharpening service by me in CO. They can do a lot more than sharpening, to include tooth repair, flattening, straightening, and assorted stress analysis. When I booked up a Forrest Dado set with my Sawstop, they did an amazing job replacing multiple teeth and straightening and rebranding the set, for what I thought was a very low price, particularly for the 24 hour turn around.

The caveat I always give when recommending them is that they are not woodworkers, do not cater to them, and do not care about the aesthetics of a saw blade. If they feel they need to grind or flatten a part or whole of the blade to make it true, they do not care about the coating or any laser etched markings, etc. I knew this going in, but a friend of mine was mad as he'll when they removed a big old spot out of the laser etched tooth sharpening specs on his blade.
Math is tough. Let's go shopping!
'Booked up' being the forum software replacement for what I thought would surely be a safer euphemism than what I first intended. Also, somehow it became 'rebranding' rather than re--surfacing.
Math is tough. Let's go shopping!