letterbox
This has been a fun read.
Thanks for your efforts.
(03-19-2023, 05:19 PM)BrokenOlMarine Wrote: Back out to the shop for the last phase of the two box project, finishing Miss T's sewing room box.  The glue had set, so it was time to oil the walnut guides and call this one done.
I oiled  the entire box again and it turned out great... can you say Oooh...

Oooh... !!!

Very nice work and build-along.

Thanks.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
One last task on the project.  I went out this morning and waxed and buffed the wife's sewing room box.  It turned out great.  I love the soft glow and am a bit jealous as she got the best grain from the mahogany and the play between the mahogany and the maple is spot on.   
Raised

But, shouldn't the boss get the best things?  I guess it's right.  She loved it, so it all worked out in the end.

Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.
Both look great!! Like the leather work and the spalt.

On the sawing the box in half, I would have made the long cuts last.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(03-22-2023, 06:13 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Both look great!! Like the leather work and the spalt.

On the sawing the box in half, I would have made the long cuts last.

Good advice.  Next time, I'll also make a jig to carry the box in a more fixed position.
I have one for cutting the edges of cutting boards. 
Yes
Jim in Okie
You can tell a lot about the character of a man -
By the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.