Adhesive that will work in a refrigerator
Pure silicone in a caulk tube, then shove the peg in the hole?
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

In addition to my comment about epoxy for plastic above, I know there are a few different glues (actually they are solvents) for different plastics. The plastic used in refrigerators appears more closely related to polystyrene. I think this is like what is used in model cars. You might go to a model/hobby craft store and get a tube of glue (solvent) for polystyrene and see if that works. There are also solvents for acrylic and polycarbonate plastics.

Final update. I tried out the PC11 epoxy and it did cure in the fridge but it pulled right off the side. It took about 3 days to get close to full hardness. So I thought about it a bit more and decided in one of those plastic screw drywall anchors. That worked out pretty good. Then to attach the hanger bracket I cut off the wall plug part and wrapped the bracket in a piece of steel. Hopefully this works. If not then I will try adding some epoxy in the hole.