Stair Tread and Railing Upgrades Complete!
(03-17-2023, 05:21 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: Very nice upgrade. Well done. I did my molding transitions the same basic way. I couldn't think of a better way to do them either. They look fine and certainly better than what you'd find in a new home. I like the way you hid the step edges with the return over the drywall. Adds "dimension". Little things like that always makes a room more interesting and classier.

Thanks.  I can always redo it if I don't like it.  I took the time to cove for the floor nose so it would at least look well executed.  I got lots of steps in walking back and forth between the house and shop. 
Laugh

The house is definitely a builder-grade house.  My goal has been to make it better without spending a ton of money on material.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
(03-17-2023, 12:13 PM)EightFingers Wrote: I’m getting ready to replace the spindles ( I have 156 to replace ) on my stairs with what you are using. Where did you get yours?

I just got mine from Home Depot to keep costs down.  I got the plastic ends with the rubber piece to cover the ends from there as well.

If anyone is going to install spindles on a new rail, I highly recommend a plumb laser level like the one I have in the build pictures.  It worked very well compared to a stick with a level taped to it.  Worth every penny.  If there was an area with a sloped shoe rail, I would have made a portable platform or something for it.
Very good looking job.
I used those metal twisted 1/2" spindles on numerous staircase jobs, liked the looks and ease of install.

On your base to staircase trim, I would have set a rosette in there, taller than the base, dive the staircase trim into the rosette.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

That would be a good way to do it as well. I could also easily retrofit to that if I wanted.