Stair Tread and Railing Upgrades Complete!
(03-17-2023, 05:21 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: Very nice upgrade. Well done. I did my molding transitions the same basic way. I couldn't think of a better way to do them either. They look fine and certainly better than what you'd find in a new home. I like the way you hid the step edges with the return over the drywall. Adds "dimension". Little things like that always makes a room more interesting and classier.

Thanks.  I can always redo it if I don't like it.  I took the time to cove for the floor nose so it would at least look well executed.  I got lots of steps in walking back and forth between the house and shop. 
Laugh

The house is definitely a builder-grade house.  My goal has been to make it better without spending a ton of money on material.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.
(03-17-2023, 12:13 PM)EightFingers Wrote: I’m getting ready to replace the spindles ( I have 156 to replace ) on my stairs with what you are using. Where did you get yours?

I just got mine from Home Depot to keep costs down.  I got the plastic ends with the rubber piece to cover the ends from there as well.

If anyone is going to install spindles on a new rail, I highly recommend a plumb laser level like the one I have in the build pictures.  It worked very well compared to a stick with a level taped to it.  Worth every penny.  If there was an area with a sloped shoe rail, I would have made a portable platform or something for it.
Very good looking job.
I used those metal twisted 1/2" spindles on numerous staircase jobs, liked the looks and ease of install.

On your base to staircase trim, I would have set a rosette in there, taller than the base, dive the staircase trim into the rosette.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

That would be a good way to do it as well. I could also easily retrofit to that if I wanted.