3 Segmented bowls (each with 2521 Pieces)
Latest segmented pieces I have made. These were patterned after Tom Lohmans Interweave Bowl. The tall one has 1/4" rings, mid size bow has 1/8" rings, and short bowl has 1/16" rings. Approx 10.5" diameter. Species of woods is Walnut, Maple, Yellow Heart, Cherry, Lyptus, and Heat Treated Ash.

Attached Files Image(s)

Absolutely amazing: both the artistry and your patience.

My mind boggles at the levels of focus, skill, and attention to detail.

Thank you for sharing.
Yes
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Wow!! The patience and attention to detail are astounding.

Gary
I've only had one...in dog beers.

"You can see the stars and still not see the light"
The Eagles: Already Gone
WOW!!!

iclark nailed it!
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Those are beautiful. I haven't had the nerve to attempt something like that yet. What software (if any) do you use to help you keep track of which color goes where in each ring so that it all comes out correct in the end?

To do this you must have:
1. the desire and imagination to even think about it
2. the organization and attention for detail to create the rings
3. the skill and patience to get those rings successfully glued into the pineapple
4. the skill to turn, sand, and finish the wood to this beautiful shape and finish
5. a place to show them off to get the well-deserved ooohs and aaahs.

Looks to me that you're 5 for 5.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
(03-18-2023, 07:49 AM)SceneryMaker Wrote: Those are beautiful.  I haven't had the nerve to attempt something like that yet.  What software (if any) do you use to help you keep track of which color goes where in each ring so that it all comes out correct in the end?

To do this you must have:
1. the desire and imagination to even think about it
2. the organization and attention for detail to create the rings
3. the skill and patience to get those rings successfully glued into the pineapple
4. the skill to turn, sand, and finish the wood to this beautiful shape and finish
5. a place to show them off to get the well-deserved ooohs and aaahs.

Looks to me that you're 5 for 5.

Thank you for the compliment. I use Woodturner Pro Suite of software. This one was designed with Segment Pro. The thin bowl with 1/16" rings was a real challenge. I don't think I want to do another bowl with 1/16" rings for a while.
Beautiful work! Thanks for sharing.

Frank
Very impressive indeed .alignment has to be spot on every layer. You nailed it
Cool
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
Very impressive! They look beautiful. To get that kind of result, you have to be very precise in the glue-ups and assembly.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
WOW!!!  those are amazing!  that's some detailed work right there!  
Cool