Lie-Nielsen Standard Angle Adjustable Mouth Block Plane #9-1/2 SOLD
Here is a Lie Nielsen plane that does not come along all that often: the Standard Angle Adjustable Mouth No. 91/2 Block Plane. This example shows almost no use: only apology is small scratch on the Bronze Cap Iron. Equipped with A2 blade, and comes in original box (with paperwork). Side note: for those folks that have found it tough to get a grip on the low angle version of this plane, you will like the standard angle as it affords more room for fingers to wrap under cap iron, assuring positive purchase. You will not be disappointed with this plane! SOLD plus shipping, PayPal or  Venmo (and possibly Zelle).

You're serious with that price? Almost double L-N's selling price. Yes, they are not making it right now, but will likely do so when they amass a decent back-order list. But, hey, everyone knows that woodworkers are all wealthy, so why not?
(03-24-2023, 10:12 AM)BassMD Wrote: You're serious with that price? Almost double L-N's selling price. Yes, they are not making it right now, but will likely do so when they amass a decent back-order list. But, hey, everyone knows that woodworkers are all wealthy, so why not?

Well, it is a free market. And, respectfully, you are free to reject my offer. I have sold many, many, many Lie Nielsen items on this forum and other forums over the years: not a single complaint, and I have had many repeat customers as well. I suggest you read up on the mechanics of free market capitalism and particularly the concept of a free market price. I have actually sold one Lie Nielsen item on eBay for 10x the original list price: that was a deal between a seller and a buyer who freely agreed that the price was fair. Since COVID sellers and buyers have had to adjust to the reality of shortages and scarcity. Its simple economics.
(03-24-2023, 10:12 AM)BassMD Wrote: You're serious with that price? Almost double L-N's selling price. Yes, they are not making it right now, but will likely do so when they amass a decent back-order list. But, hey, everyone knows that woodworkers are all wealthy, so why not?

With all due respect to everyone's views, the fact is that one just sold for $100 more than Philip's pricing about ten days ago on ebay, others for even more . . . so supply and demand.  That being said, I'm not selling mine anytime soon, ha ha....  :-)

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R4...Complete=1
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
It’s cheap at $325, IMO…..and worth the money as well. IIRC, the 9 1/2 was discontinued before Covid and there’s no guarantees it will ever be produced again. It’s not even listed on their website anymore. I love mine too!

If you do not like someone's asking price on SnS, either keep it to yourself or take it to PM.

The ONLY exception to that rule is if you think that someone may have had a typo and posted a price lower than they had intended.
(03-24-2023, 04:57 PM)iclark Wrote: If you do not like someone's asking price on SnS, either keep it to yourself or take it to PM.

The ONLY exception to that rule is if you think that someone may have had a typo and posted a price lower than they had intended.

I get it. I have nothing against the free market. Several of my students and colleagues scrape by as luthiers. That particular plane is on many's wish list. I actually thought of purchasing it and re-selling at an affordable price to one of them. Forgive my venting.
First and last bump before this plane goes back into storage.