new nickel silver edition
Hi woodnetter,

I don't post every saw I make, but when something new happens, I make an entry.

When the old alloy spines were all build in saws in 2018,
I looked for more nickel silver for spines. The only material that was  available was thinner than the brass we used.
So the spines had to be a bit wider to match the weight. I combined that with an old feature I love: tapered spines.
Center of gravity is closer to the hand. I got these made 3 years ago. I got 5 of them, and shortly after that,
my friend, who made the spines, died. So maybe it is a very limited edition.

[Image: IMG_20230319_174900.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20230319_173854.jpg]

[Image: IMG_20230319_173905.jpg]

Cheers
Pedder
That's a beautiful saw!

Frank
Yes,  these are gorgeous!
I'd like to try one, one day.
Chris
Thanl you guys!

take care
pedder
Beautiful, as always!
the color combo looks great.
I guess I never noticed it before but on this one I love the smooth flow of the saw and how it would look in someones hand as an extension of it.  So well done.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
That really is a gorgeous saw, Pedder! The inlay in front of the top horn is a nice touch, too. And the choice of wood is a really great compliment to the nickel silver.

What hang angle do you use on your dovetail saws? It looks really comfortable.
(03-24-2023, 03:21 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: I guess I never noticed it before but on this one I love the smooth flow of the saw and how it would look in someones hand as an extension of it.  So well done.

Thank you Arlin,

when We deigned the handle, we took old handles we love as a model. And then Klaus added and invented our sugnature details; The oval spine flus to the handle and the rolling-up chamfer at the cheeks. I too, love this pattern and it appeals me every time I make it.

Cheers
Pedder
(03-24-2023, 07:15 PM)grwold Wrote: That really is a gorgeous saw, Pedder!  The inlay in front of the top horn is a nice touch, too.  And the choice of wood is a really great compliment to the nickel silver.

What hang angle do you use on your dovetail saws?  It looks really comfortable.

Thank you, Grwold!

To tell the truth, I don't now much about numbers of hang angles.
If you want, I can take the numbers of the picture.

Cheers
Pedder