Sump Pump Question
I used to use and recommend ZOELLER pumps but no more. Too many issues with current models. I now recommend Ion pumps. They are a local company and the pump motor and switch are superior to the old-fashioned ones from ZOELLER. These Ion pumps use much better designed motors that operate under much lower current demands which has many benefits like longer life and lower energy demands. The electronic pump switch has been incredibly reliable and resistant to hang ups. Together with a Quiet Check Valve the combination is ultra-quiet and perfect for use close to living spaces above or in finished basements where many have their home theater set-up.

https://www.ionproducts.net/sump-pumps/
Any free advice given is worth double price paid.
I have 2 sump pits that run all year long and empty multiple times every day.  I replaced both of mine 5 years ago with Liberty Pumps 250 - 1/3 HP Cast Iron Submersible Sump Pump (Non-Automatic) and instead of floats which kept getting stuck I use LevelGuard Z24800A1Z - Electronic Sump Pump Switch which switch on when the water reaches a set level with no moving parts.  I was worried that the switches wouldn't work after a while due to how muddy my pits sometimes get, but so far so good.  I wipe them off maybe once a year.
(04-02-2023, 09:48 AM)APZ Wrote: I have 2 sump pits that run all year long and empty multiple times every day.  I replaced both of mine 5 years ago with Liberty Pumps 250 - 1/3 HP Cast Iron Submersible Sump Pump (Non-Automatic) and instead of floats which kept getting stuck I use LevelGuard Z24800A1Z - Electronic Sump Pump Switch which switch on when the water reaches a set level with no moving parts.  I was worried that the switches wouldn't work after a while due to how muddy my pits sometimes get, but so far so good.  I wipe them off maybe once a year.

Same here, Liberty Pumps.  If you read the specs you will find that Liberty Pumps are some of the most efficient out there, with low current draw for their capacity and lift.  After going through 2 or 3 other brands, including Zoeller, I have had no trouble with Liberty Pumps for nearly 10 years now.  Made by a fairly local company in NY, too.  

I have two Liberty Pumps in my sump pit, one set higher than the other, and plugged into separate circuits, so if one fails and trips the breaker, or the breaker trips for some other reason, the other is still there and functioning.  Relying on one pump to keep your basement dry is a high risk game.  

John
I'll add that the website I linked to was EXTREMELY helpful in answering my questions and helping me pick what I needed.