New router fence
I finally got my new router fence operational to a point. It has a half nut arrangement so it has rapid to and away from the cutter. It has a hand wheel for fine adjustments and a lock for position, I need to get some tee bolts for the MDF sacrificial, zero clearance, fence system. Also now I need to build the cabinet for the shaper top I put a router lift into. It is 39 degrees in my shop today so hopefully it will not be to long.

If you do not know what this is all about check out my router lift in a shaper table top and shaper jig posts.

Tom
Tom,  nice work as always.
Looks great, I’d be interested in seeing a little more on the 1/2 nut setup.
Did you make or buy the blue hand wheel
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(03-22-2023, 06:17 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Did you make or buy the blue hand wheel

The handle was from a build at work about 4 years ago. It came off from a ball screw assembly. I asked if they wanted it and it was given to me. I save stuff I may find a need for in the future. My next project is to build a double disk sander. I still have the reversible motor off from the Craftsman shaper that I just made a router table top from, which this fence is part of. I plan on getting a couple of pillow block bearings and use a couple of sanding discs from a Shopsmith.  Since it is reversible I will be able to switch rotation and sand off from either side of the disc and have two different grits to chose from. 

So now I have another question and that is, what is the RPM range Shopsmith uses for there disc sander feature?

And thank you for the finding the ratcheting handle for me.

Tom