Veritas version of the Record 043
I always wondered why they didn't produce one; nice that Rob is back to releasing new tools given the covid supply chain, etc., etc. issues.

https://www.leevalley.com/en-us/shop/too...em=05P6701

[Image: 05P6701-u-0629.jpg]
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Looks like a nice tool.  It's good to see some new offerings.
So nice looking. The latest catalog says it's just one of the many new toys on their way! Can't wait to find out what is cooking.

Simon
Cool!

Love the card trick:

[Image: 05P6701-u-0392.jpg]

Cheers
Pedder
Interesting that they chose to use Allen/hex-head screws for the fence settings.  Maybe it was a matter of space, or maybe they anticipate that folks using this tool will leave it in the same setting much of the time.
I've had problems with the fence on my Veritas plow slipping a bit.  Maybe they opted for something that is easier to apply more pressure with?
It's all wood.
I'd prefer a tool free adjustment approach on the boxmaker's plow. If I have such a plane, it wouldn't be difficult for me to replace the hex screws with thumb screws.

I never have had issues with my plow slipping, but filing a flat on the brass thumb screws should resolve the slippage.

Simon
That’s a sweet little plane. The fence rods look extra beefy too. A bargain for the money. I’d like to buy one just for the beading cutter.

I haven't used any Veritas plow-plane, but I'm curious about them.  Would you expect the Veritas box-maker's and small plow-planes to be equally capable of cutting groves and dados?  Would the additional size and weight of the small plow-plane be an advantage or disadvantage?  When would you prefer to use one over the other the other?
The temptation is pretty strong!
Still Learning,

Allan Hill