Great Stanley plane source!
I have had all the books and have been buying old Stanley planes for a long time. However, I recently have discovered and have used Michael Jenks to learn and also to source good Stanley parts for some of my unfinished builds. This would include finding the correct type body and parts. He has a fabulous group of YouTube videos and he also hosts a great Facebook PAGE just plane fun. He can really help you sort a restoration to the correct parts for your type of year correct plane. I am sure many here who are seriously into Stanley have enjoyed his work. Today thanks to the internet there is a large body of work referencing the metallic planes. There is also a large amount now of type studies and origin of Craftsman, Sargent, Ward master, Dunlap, Fulton and Record. Search for his playlist of type studies on YouTube. He provides a lot of actual samples.
(03-27-2023, 05:57 AM)Jack in omaha Wrote: I have had all the books and have been buying old Stanley planes for a long time. However, I recently have discovered and have used Michael Jenks to learn and also to source good Stanley parts for some of my unfinished builds. This would include finding the correct type body and parts. He has a fabulous group of YouTube videos and he also hosts a great Facebook PAGE just plane fun. He can really help you sort a restoration to the correct parts for your type of year correct plane. I am sure many here who are seriously into Stanley have enjoyed his work. Today thanks to the internet there is a large body of work referencing the metallic planes. There is also a large amount now of type studies and origin of Craftsman, Sargent, Ward master, Dunlap, Fulton and Record. Search for his playlist of type studies on YouTube. He provides a lot of actual samples.

Links are so helpful when posting recommendations. Thanks for the info.

https://www.youtube.com/@justplanefun
I've been doing business with Michael Jenks for several years. I buy parts for plane restorations from him and sell handsaws on consignment for him. He is one of the most knowledgeable and fair people I've ever met in the tool business. His prices are surprisingly low for most parts. Even for rare pieces, his prices are very fair. He has even started to offer reproduction parts, such as tote/knob sets and fence rods for the Stanley No 78.
Bob Page
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In da U.P. of Michigan
www.loonlaketoolworks.com