gettin' bigger!
(08-01-2023, 07:18 AM)Bill Holt Wrote: Well I agree, great job on the lazy susan installation.  What did you use for the center plug?  I'm new to segmenting and the club challenge for August is to turn a segmented bowl.

That is beautiful!  Great job and thanks for sharing.  I haven't done a segmented piece yet, but it is on my "list" to try.
That's really nice, John! Well done!
thanks all!  oh, and hey, greg!  
Big Grin

the center of the top and also the dome handle are from a funky chunk of red oak i had.

only done a few segmented pieces so far, but this was definitely the biggest.

the top layer is only about 1/8" thick, over some 3/4 sandeply.  that was a tricky glue up for that one.  
Laugh
I’m naming my band the “Funky Chunks”!
VH07V  
Impressive!...........
Cool
(08-03-2023, 08:38 AM)Cian Wrote: Impressive!...........
Cool

Wait till you hear us!
VH07V  
(08-03-2023, 01:59 PM)EightFingers Wrote: Wait till you hear us!

Laugh

thanks, fellas!  
Yes

new project is underway . . . not quite as big.
It looks great.  The base seems a little wide but I still love it
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(08-08-2023, 09:06 PM)Arlin Eastman Wrote: It looks great.  The base seems a little wide but I still love it

thanks!  yeah, kept it a little wider since the top is so wide.  
Yes