I want a new drill press table
If I wanted one I'd build it.  The argument to buy one because your time is worth something is only valid if you are using your time to actually make money.  

John
No, it is not about time being worth some money, but about time being spent on what one really wants to spend time on.

My take is if the OP really wanted to build one, he would have built one already.

Simon
(03-30-2023, 11:36 PM)Handplanesandmore Wrote: No, it is not about time being worth some money, but about time being spent on what one really wants to spend time on.

My take is if the OP really wanted to build one, he would have built one already.

Simon

Good point Simon.  I guess I'm just too cheap to buy anything I can make, even if I'd rather be doing something else.  I just had a large wooden fence blow over during a pretty intense wind storm.  I have no desire to repair it - but I will.  

John
(03-31-2023, 09:46 AM)jteneyck Wrote: Good point Simon.  I guess I'm just too cheap to buy anything I can make, even if I'd rather be doing something else.  I just had a large wooden fence blow over during a pretty intense wind storm.  I have no desire to repair it - but I will.  

John

John,

My good friend - the older one becomes the less attractive these kind of projects become - DAMHIKT! AND also (IMO) the more inclined one becomes of turning loose some of that "largesse." 
Smile

Doug
Another option is to keep an eye out locally for a used drill press that already has a woodworking table.

I bought a delta new several years ago that was equipped with a roughly square cast iron table with T tracks cast into it, as well as a square center well designed to accept a 3/4 wood sacrificial insert.

If you find one locally it may cost less than either of the tables your looking at.

I’m also a huge fan of replacing the motor with a DC treadmill motor to get variable speed without changing belts.
I leave my belts in the middle range and can turn spindle RPM from 30-1500 RPM with a twist of a knob.
Since I use my drill press all the way from 3/16 bits up to 4” hole saws as well as metal it’s crucial to change speed, and making it easy means I’m more likely to use a correct speed for every job.

Duke
Thanks for all the advice. Right or wrong, I ended up just ordering the woodpecker version yesterday. They definitely make high quality products so hopefully I am happy with it.  Maybe this will be one of those “cry once” times where I cry on the initial purchase due to the price, but never cry again out of frustration over an inferior product. 
On a side note I had an issue with the online order and had to call in (my error - not theirs).  The shipping mysteriously dropped to 11.XX instead of 16.XX. Even the order taker noticed it an wondered what happened. I guess one went my way this time.

[attachment=47084]
I only build one because this old design wasn't being offered anymore.  It was either Woodpecker or Incra.
[Image: TPWEHTz.jpg]
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
I don't like the tracks running vertically (like stiles) like the ones shown in MT's image, unless they're placed closer to the center or the holddowns have long reach. The wp version is the worst.

Simon
I guess not every one is perfect like you….
All of your posts are very negative….
Get a life…