Another chair
My latest chair build is post and rung style based on plans by Tim Manney in Fine Woodworking using both hand and power tools. The frame is ash and the back splats are red oak all split from the log. The ash parts are turned and then have a fine spokeshaved finish. The back posts and back splats are stream bent. The ash is painted with milk paint and the entire chair has a linseed oil and beeswax finish. The seat is woven with Danish cord in a new pattern I have not tried before. 
I have made several of these chairs using different woods, finishes and seat weave patterns. The chair is lightweight and comfortable for sitting. Thanks for looking. 

love it   yada yada 17 characters
I like it: Excellent Job!
That's a very nice composition, and it looks comfortable!
Chris
Love it! Keeping the back splats natural with the QSWO really imparts a lot of character to the chair. Excellent work.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
That is not only a beautiful made seat, it is even wide enough between the front pins.
I like it, I need 6 please.
(03-30-2023, 01:16 PM)Tom Wiarda Wrote: My latest chair build is post and rung style based on plans by Tim Manney in Fine Woodworking using both hand and power tools. The frame is ash and the back splats are red oak all split from the log. The ash parts are turned and then have a fine spokeshaved finish. The back posts and back splats are stream bent. The ash is painted with milk paint and the entire chair has a linseed oil and beeswax finish. The seat is woven with Danish cord in a new pattern I have not tried before. 
I have made several of these chairs using different woods, finishes and seat weave patterns. The chair is lightweight and comfortable for sitting. Thanks for looking. 

Great! Really like the seat weave.
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things. -- G. Carlin
Looks great!  Love the way the oak matches the fiber.  
Beautiful work. Well done.
Mark Singleton

Bene vivendo est optimum vindictae

The Laws of Physics do not care about your Politics   -  Me