New Table Saw !!! Need a blade(s)
(04-23-2023, 05:51 AM)rwe2156 Wrote: You know, I’ve always had this in the back of my mind.  I’ve hung on to my Dadonator but I see Infinity now has a new “SS compliant” version with perforated wings and no shoulders.

I also quit gauging the brake every time I change blades.  I figure this is micro seconds thing.  Several of my blades have quite different diameters.

I think the problem with the original Dadonator was more related to the extra weight of the 6 tooth chippers, some reports I saw (somewhere) said the arbor could be bent under the force of the brake action. If you look at the new design, they took some metal out of the blank the chippers use getting the weight down (?). If I have to replace my current set I may switch the to the new Dadonator.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
By the way, setting the cartridge to the right distance after changing a blade is a 30 sec job or much less if you do it often--

Place the yellow gauge between the blade and cartridge , and turn the yellow adjustment bolt to open or close up the upper gap (stop as soon as the tooth touches the gauge). Check the lower gap with the gauge.

In 9 out of 10 times, the bolt doesn't need to be adjusted for me.

Simon
Here is one discussion about bent arbor--
https://www.finewoodworking.com/forum/sa...-dadonator

Simon