Cherry trestle table base
(04-10-2023, 12:06 PM)®smpr_fi_mac® Wrote: They would have, and would have been the way I would have gone...had I known what I know now while designing it.  

Big Grin

The angled braces were the last pieces I glued in.  They were added because the leg assemblies racked when pushing on the ends.  I couldn't add M&T stretchers at that point without cutting all the other stretchers out.  This would have required a huge amount a fresh lumber to accomplish. 

So I'll redraw this with four horizontal stretchers across the posts and offer it in the future.

Nice base !
I think with with a Marbel top at almost 5' x 9' probably weighing in at 300-400lbs depending on thickness M&T stretches wouldn't replace your angled bracing. They might look better but being so top heavy I bet you'd end up with some type of angled bracing.