Panels out of parallel?
(04-11-2023, 07:43 AM)fptahoe Wrote: Let me try this again.  Am thinking of making a cross-cut sled for all of the good reasons listed.  I have read many methods on how to make one, but I would be interested if someone has a (as close as possible) fool-proof method for making sure it cuts at exactly 90 degrees when completed.  Thank you as always...F

Google "five cut squaring method".  

John
Agree on 5 cut method. If you want to see one built start to finish, Wood Whisperer has a video available on his site and he shows you the calculations and how to apply them. I found it very helpful when I built my first one years ago.
(04-11-2023, 07:43 AM)fptahoe Wrote: Let me try this again.  Am thinking of making a cross-cut sled for all of the good reasons listed.  I have read many methods on how to make one, but I would be interested if someone has a (as close as possible) fool-proof method for making sure it cuts at exactly 90 degrees when completed.  Thank you as always...F

(04-11-2023, 09:08 AM)jteneyck Wrote: Google "five cut squaring method".  

John

An even easier way is to take a couple of pieces of plywood at least a foot wide and say at least 16" long.  Make sure the edge that will go against the fence is straight, and mark those edges for reference.  Mark the top face on one piece and cut off maybe 1/4" on one end.  Now mark the other piece on the top face and cut it off, working from the same side of the blade as you did the first piece.  Take the two pieces and butt the two cut ends together with the marked back edges against a straight edge, or the back stop of the sled.  On one piece the marked face will be facing up, on the other it will face down.  If there is a gap between the butted ends the fence isn't square to the blade.  If you are working on the right side of the blade and the gap is at the back, where the boards meet the fence, then the fence needs to be rotated CW, if the gap is at the front, then it needs to be rotated CCW.  

John