Best Brad point brand?
Bought the Lawson brand many years ago and still using them. No idea who makes them for Lawson, but these are first class bits.
Come with the 6-sided 1/4" chuck end.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I'm partial to the Norseman I sell but unfortunately no 29 piece set.  They are made in MN from High Molly steel, gold in color due to the steel..
(04-18-2023, 11:30 AM)Brian in sunny FL Wrote: I'm partial to the Norseman I sell but unfortunately no 29 piece set.  They are made in MN from High Molly steel, gold in color due to the steel..

Hi Brian,

Just to edjicate me, I thought the the gold color was from a TiC plating. Does the gold really go all the way through on the Norseman if one breaks one?
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
I would like to see the ground down to 3/8 shanks go bye. Just adds cost and a chance for runout.
Unlike years past, 1/2" chucks are prevalent now.

Ed
Another vote for the LV HSS set. They are excellent bits and you'll get very clean holes using them. Fuller, Fisch, and Napoleon are other brands that make excellent brad point bits.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
I also have theLV full set,supplemented by the odd sized Fisch here and there. No complaints.
Math is tough. Let's go shopping!
(04-18-2023, 11:30 AM)Brian in sunny FL Wrote: I'm partial to the Norseman I sell but unfortunately no 29 piece set.  They are made in MN from High Molly steel, gold in color due to the steel..

I wondered about their brad points--love my split points from them.  I'll never again be able to think that a drill bit is a drill bit as long as it's round.
earl
(04-18-2023, 10:19 PM)iclark Wrote: Hi Brian,

Just to edjicate me, I thought the the gold color was from a TiC plating. Does the gold really go all the way through on the Norseman if one breaks one?

It's a different color gold.  I know what you are talking about and thats in your face jewelry color gold.  The High Molly is a faint gold color and one time in bad light thought they used the wrong steel because was hard to see the color in it.  It is noticeable though.
(04-25-2023, 02:52 PM)Brian in sunny FL Wrote: It's a different color gold.  I know what you are talking about and thats in your face jewelry color gold.  The High Molly is a faint gold color and one time in bad light thought they used the wrong steel because was hard to see the color in it.  It is noticeable though.

Thanks. That is good info to know.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.