Cutting Board how to seal
3-4 coats of rattle can lacquer. Be sure and tape a note on back that it does 'not' have a food grade finish on it.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(04-11-2023, 02:09 PM)Johnny Currado Wrote: my wife and I recently moved into our dream home and my buddy who was our mortgage broker and he had a custom cutting board made for us and its incredible.  I have attached a pic of it. We want to display it above our range area and I was curious about what type of sealer would be good on this wood to help seal it from moisture and from twisting etc.  We won't be using it as a cutting board as its too nice and I don't want to ruin it.  lol!  thanks in advance!

Johnny

For cutting boards that are going to be used as cutting boards, I've used straight paraffin, worked in with an iron at medium heat (and without steam).  Works like a charm, washes clean with just a bit of hot water and a quick wipe.
(04-25-2023, 08:13 PM)thewalnutguy Wrote: For cutting boards that are going to be used as cutting boards, I've used straight paraffin, worked in with an iron at medium heat (and without steam).  Works like a charm, washes clean with just a bit of hot water and a quick wipe.

Never thought of that, it's a great idea.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis