WTB a pair of Lie-nielsen long paring handles
Looking for a pair of long paring handles for Lie-nielsen chisels.

PM me if you have 2 you'd like to sell.

Cliff
‘The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence
Charles Bukowski
Appears to be a really simple turning. I bet posting for this to be made up in the Woodturning floor will get you several responses.
[Image: long-chisel-handle-maple.jpg]
[Image: chisel-handle-long-full.jpg]
Cian,

While I don't have a lathe I remembered I do have a Router Crafter that Craftsman sold years ago, kind of a reverse lathe using a router on rails and a hand turned stock for the wood. The chisels won't be here until Thursday (a pair of the O1 chisels that were recently listed on the LN site) so if there are no offers by then I'll take a shot at making them. And if that doesn't work your idea of posting in Woodturning is a good idea.

Thanks.
Cliff
‘The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence
Charles Bukowski
Cian,

While I don't have a lathe I remembered I do have a Router Crafter that Craftsman sold years ago, kind of a reverse lathe using a router on rails and a hand turned stock for the wood. The chisels won't be here until Thursday (a pair of the O1 chisels that were recently listed on the LN site) so if there are no offers by then I'll take a shot at making them. And if that doesn't work your idea of posting in Woodturning is a good idea.

Thanks.
Cliff
Charles Bukowski
(04-15-2023, 11:33 AM)cpolubin Wrote: Cian,

Thanks.
Cliff

If you're going to make your own, here's a tip.  Take some aluminum foil and crumple it up tightly inside the socket, then remove.  It gives you a template to measure with calipers when you "turn" it.  This is a lot easier than using inside calipers to measure the socket.  The rest of the handle is pretty easy, its the socket portion that takes a bit of effort.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Thank you, Admiral. That's a good tip. In this case I'm replacing the short handles that come with the chisels with longer paring handles so I'll have samples to measure from. The Router Crafter will only cut horizontally so when it comes to the taper for the socket I'll cut steps and shave it to shape the cone. It's going to be an interesting exercise.

Cliff
Charles Bukowski
(04-15-2023, 01:18 PM)Admiral Wrote: If you're going to make your own, here's a tip.  Take some aluminum foil and crumple it up tightly inside the socket, then remove.  It gives you a template to measure with calipers when you "turn" it.  This is a lot easier than using inside calipers to measure the socket.  The rest of the handle is pretty easy, its the socket portion that takes a bit of effort.

That is a great tip!
You are frequently puzzled by things you tell us you fully understand. - Bob10 to EH 9/22/16

Too much has been made out of my mostly idle comments  - Cletus 12/9/15

You sound like one of those survivalist, hoarder, tin foil hat, militia, clinger, wackjobs.  - Fear Monger 1/30/13