Table Saw Trips Breaker
Our 20-year-old Delta table saw blows the 20 amp SquareD breaker when we turn it on.  It is a dedicated circuit, so it’s not overloaded. Thinking it must be a weak breaker, we replaced it.  That didn’t help. The V-belt has been replaced with a link belt, so it’s not a hard spot in the belt. 

I opened the motor to check the bearings. One was a bit noisy, so both bearing got relubed. It often still trips the breaker. 
Any ideas!  Thanks in advance. 
capacitor is going bad ?

try it on a different circuit to verify.
(04-17-2023, 08:19 PM)Cabinet Monkey Wrote: capacitor is going bad ?

try it on a different circuit to verify.

I will second the capacitor being the problem.  Roly
(04-18-2023, 05:49 AM)Roly Wrote: I will second the capacitor being the problem.  Roly

Thank you for this suggestion. Since I don’t know about motors, I wouldn’t have thought of it.  I’ll see what happens on a different circuit.  —Peter
It could also be a weak breaker. Maybe swap it out with another 20 amp breaker to check it.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

(04-18-2023, 09:08 AM)Snipe Hunter Wrote: It could also be a weak breaker. Maybe swap it out with another 20 amp breaker to check it.

um.....................................see the orig. post
Raised
(04-18-2023, 08:40 AM)Petertaylor Wrote: Thank you for this suggestion. Since I don’t know about motors, I wouldn’t have thought of it.  I’ll see what happens on a different circuit.  —Peter

Look at the capacitor, if it is bulged or leaking it will be bad,  but can be bad if it looks normal.    20 years old is suspect for it to be bad.  Roly
(04-18-2023, 06:35 PM)Roly Wrote: Look at the capacitor, if it is bulged or leaking it will be bad,  but can be bad if it looks normal.    20 years old is suspect for it to be bad.  Roly

I had the same symptoms with a cap that went bad in a Ridgid TS3650 tablesaw.  I went through the same troubleshooting, trying different breakers and the issue followed the saw.  The cap did not look bulged or discolored.  I didn't test it to see if it measured up to the rating but I just shotgunned a new one.  I had no issues with the saw for several years after until I sold it.

I hope your issue is a simple and cheap fix like the start capacitor.
Project Website  Adding new stuff all of the time.