Composite Nail gun recommendations?
Thinking about a using composite nails for cnc hold down.  Anyone have a composite nailer they can recommend.   As an FYI you have to use a nail gun that specifically uses composite nails.
Let me look tomorrow at work. We have one, not used often.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
(04-22-2023, 12:17 PM)Juss1 Wrote: Thinking about a using composite nails for cnc hold down.  Anyone have a composite nailer they can recommend.   As an FYI you have to use a nail gun that specifically uses composite nails.

Here is a LINK for what gauge and length of composite nails to use in different woods and thicknesses.   This company recommends their guns but others say a regular gun will work.    The thickness and wood density are major factors.   Roly
I have no personal experience but Glen-L has recommended composite fasteners for a very long time. I would hope they wouldn't do that if they didn't perform well. The say that when doing the cold molding laminating process you do not have to remove the composite staples and nails and they disappear when sanded down. Glen-L Raptor Fasteners
Was living the good retired life on the Lake. Now just living retired.
Thanks for the replies guys. The more I research the more recommendations I see for rapor brand so that’s the way I’m leaning right now. They’re pretty pricey though so I’m weighing on how much I’m willing to pay for the convenience. Also it seems like they don’t seem to work well (or at all) on thick hardwoods

This is the gun we use at work, https://ancofastenersales.com/product/omer-b17p-763/
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry