Silly Dust Collection Question
I just got some Lee Valley metal blast gates. How do I connect the to the port on my DC? Do I need a coupler? I little length of hose? I ca t seem to get my 4” hose over the port on the gate. Do I need to pull harder? What’s the best way to cut DC hose?

Thanks.

If the fit is just a bit tight, you might be more successful with heating it.  (I've used just-boiled water for this before)

The vinyl part of a flex hose cuts pretty easily with a standard utility knife, and then use wire cutters for the steel reinforcing wire.

It is somewhat perplexing that dust fittings really don't seem to be part of a coherent system.

Matt
Do I dare reopen the to ground or not to ground the dust collector war of the past.
Big Grin

Al
Some people are like a Slinky. Not really good for anything but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy. Blessed are the peacemakers.
David,

If you haven't already, try the other side. Gates often have an in side and out side.

Cliff
‘The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence
Charles Bukowski