No More Tools
For the record, I have no more lathes. Gave my ONEWAY 24-36 to a nephew and his daughter, gave my Jet Mini to my son-in-law, another lathe to another son-in-law...
basically gave all my tools away, mostly to family members. Gave a table saw and a radial arm saw to a church member. So I am virtually tool-less.
Oh, I kept a screw driver and a cordless drill. But that's about it.
Now living with a daughter and her husband 30 miles south of where I was before in the Cultural Center of the Great Southwest, if not the Universe.

GM, former doer of things wood

The only tool I have is a lathe. Everything else is an accessory.
The only tool I have is a lathe.  Everything else is an accessory.
I hope congratulations are in order.
At 85, my dad stopped ridding his horse and got a four-wheeler to do his "cowboying".  About two years later, mother died, so he decided to give away all tools and move to assisted living.  It really surprised me how at peace he was about the lifestyle change.

So again Congratulations.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
My sincere best wishes for your enjoyment of this change in your life.
Yes
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
I am enjoying life. Bought a 2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, made a round trip from Oklahoma to Indiana about a month ago, visiting long time friends along the way. All by myself.
Leaving again in early June for Gulf Coast area, up into
Georgia, N.Carolina, Kentucky, Indiana again then back home to Oklahoma. I ain't quittin' until I quit!
Planning a trip from Oklahoma to the Pacific NW soon, then down the Pacific coast and back home.
Life is good!

GM, former doer of things.
Still doing things, just different things.
The only tool I have is a lathe.  Everything else is an accessory.
On your way stop in and say hi ok
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(05-15-2023, 07:07 AM)Grey Mountain Wrote: I am enjoying life.  Bought a 2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, made a round trip from Oklahoma to Indiana about a month ago, visiting long time friends along the way.  All by myself.
Leaving again in early June for Gulf Coast area, up into
Georgia, N.Carolina, Kentucky, Indiana again then back home to Oklahoma.  I ain't quittin' until I quit!
Planning a trip from Oklahoma to the Pacific NW soon, then down the Pacific coast and back home.
Life is good!

GM, former doer of things.
Still doing things, just different things.

If you add the Colonial Williamsburg area to your route, please let me know so that I can buy you a meal and/or an adult beverage or 2.

Ivan
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.