Lee Valley and Lie-Nielsen
Cian, it's not just the #3s back in stock. I'd seen some articles on the advantage of using a #6 as a jointer rather than a #7, so decided to add a #6 to my bench planes. All my bench planes are Lie-Nielsen (bronze 1, 3 and 4, iron 5 and 7) At the time the #6s were out of stock and since the 6 isn't one of the core tools I figured it would be out for a while. So I searched around and found an extremely clean Stanley type 15 with a Hock blade and chipbreaker. It didn't match my other bench planes (yes, I'm anal retentive that way, but this is a hobby after all) but would fill in nicely. Then last week I was wandering around the Lie-Nielsen site and the #6s are back in stock. Managed to get one so now I put the Stanley up for sale.

So check often. The one you're looking for may become available at any time.

Cliff
‘The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence
Charles Bukowski
And copper prices still creeping upwards. We have quit quoting parts with significant copper content (above 2%).
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
Just got a no 48 and the quality completely matches my no 49.

It's great to see them back on the up tick.
Live by outsourcing, die by outsourcing.
(07-23-2023, 11:07 AM)Cian Wrote: Well that blows. Had the iron L-N #3 in my cart for a month or so. Checked in today and it appears to have jumped $45 and is just $5 shy of the bronze that isn’t on stock. Heck, may as well wait for the bronze. 
Upset

I wonder if that bronze price will hold, once the #3 is back in stock??  The bronze #4 lists for $75 more than the iron #4.

Me?  I waited  years for the bronze #3.  About 6 months ago I gave up and bought the iron model.  I'm glad I did.  Life is short.
(07-23-2023, 11:07 AM)Cian Wrote: Well that blows. Had the iron L-N #3 in my cart for a month or so. Checked in today and it appears to have jumped $45 and is just $5 shy of the bronze that isn’t on stock. Heck, may as well wait for the bronze. 
Upset

Cain, if I was you, I'd just go ahead and get the iron one. I am sure that if the bronze one ever gets back in stock, there will be a huge price jump.
Both versions are only going to get more expensive as time goes by.. If you really want it, you ought to get it now.
They had some Bronze No. 4's at the Handworks event this year but I don't recall seeing a 3.
Formerly known as John's Woodshop