Automated router fence and lift
(05-19-2023, 03:55 PM)paul2004 Wrote: If you build something on your cnc to hold the board vertically (end grain parallel to the spoilboard, like the second picture in John's post),
there's software for Mac3 to cut dovetails and box joints..  no chisel work required.  If you want the wizard, send me your email (it's abandoned sofware)

If you have vcarve or aspire, there's a gadget that for about $100 that makes all kinds of joints. I have bought it, have not tried it yet though.
https://www.corbinwoodworks.com/cnc-software.html

Thanks for your post, Paul.  That gadget looks like it could save me a LOT of time on dovetails instead of developing my own drawings and toolpaths.  I'm going to download the manual and look at it.  Thanks again. 

John
Arthro

I understand the concern regarding programming a cnc.
There are lots of projects that are just quicker to do manually rather than programming cnc.
Cnc really shines for some things but not all.

As for space, I’ve really considered building another table that semi vertical as they take up significantly less space.

Duke
(05-19-2023, 09:50 PM)JDuke Wrote: Arthro

I understand the concern regarding programming a cnc.
There are lots of projects that are just quicker to do manually rather than programming cnc.
Cnc really shines for some things but not all.

As for space, I’ve really considered building another table that semi vertical as they take up significantly less space.

Duke

yeah, i stare at a screen enough already, so that's sorta the hangup right now . . . maybe one day.  i think i'd have to hang one on the ceiling at this point anyway.  
Laugh