New dust deputy low profile?
It would be interesting to see a head to head comparison of the old tall design and the new low profile design.
I would assume you are correct that the older is more efficient, but since such small changes in cyclones can make such a large difference in their effectiveness, I’m not entirely certain that this is a safe assumption.

I’d like it if someone with a profitable YouTube channel did a true head to head comparison.

Until there’s more information out there, I’ll probably just keep the one I have (and don’t use much)
And continue to use the paper bags along with pleated filters inside the 6 different shop vac style vacs that I have.

As for whether the elimination of 2 90s and flex hose is more of a theoretical vs actual advantage I suspect there’s probably more actual advantage. The question is whether it’s worth significantly modifying a vacuum to get that advantage.
Quote:As for whether the elimination of 2 90s and flex hose is more of a theoretical vs actual advantage I suspect there’s probably more actual advantage. The question is whether it’s worth significantly modifying a vacuum to get that advantage.
There is an actual advantage too.   What I said earlier still applies and maybe I wasn't very clear in my wording.

Whether you have a flex hose (and which kind) or smooth pipe looooong sweep 90deg bends (vs. short bends more readily available) is not going to make much difference to you, in your shop.   An even better advantage than all those would be to eliminate the piping and elbows all together. Which, I think you're contemplating too.

Quote:I’ll probably just keep the one I have (and don’t use much)

And continue to use the paper bags along with pleated filters inside the 6 different shop vac style vacs that I have.
this info makes me think any of those is waste of time and money in your situation.