SOLD: Delta Rockwell Model 37-290 4” Jointer: Completely Rebuilt
SOLD: This Delta Rockwell Model 37-290 4” Jointer has been completely rebuilt. It was completely disassembled and each part was cleaned and degreased. Painted parts received a new coat of industrial finish that is an exact match of the original Delta gray. Bare metal parts were cleaned a polished.  New cutter head bearings were installed, as well as new cutter head knives. The motor was disassembled and new bearings were installed, in addition to repainting each of the component parts. Finally, a new belt was installed. I doubt you will come across many machine restorations done to this level. A piece of old American iron made in Pennsylvania in the late 1960’s/early 1970’s.  If you gravitate toward old American Made Delta/Rockwell equipment, you will not be disappointed by this unit. Local pickup in the greater Hartford Connecticut area. $495 SOLD

[Image: IMG-3743-1.jpg]" />

[Image: IMG-3744.jpg]" />

[Image: IMG-3745.jpg]" />

[Image: IMG-3746.jpg]" />

[Image: IMG-3747.jpg]" />

[Image: IMG-3748.jpg]" />
That is an absolutely gorgeous restoration effort. Someone is going to be very lucky to have it in their shop.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Agree, I saw this unit in person (Phil and I are neighbors) and it is better than new. I’d be all over it if I hadn’t just bought the same unit a few weeks ago and wish I hadn’t so I could buy Phil’s. The level of detail he puts in to his restorations is second to none.

Kevin
Nice job, well done!
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Neil Summers Home Inspections

I came to a stop sign and a skanky tweaker chick in a tube top climbed out of the brush and propositioned me.  She looked like she didn't have any teeth so I counted that as a plus.

... Kizar Sosay

I’m hoping Kevin can drive it to Indiana for me ??? I’d be tickled to utilize that jointer.
Hey John!! I should’ve driven out to buy that Conover lathe from you! Hope all is well.

And this is such a nice jointer and super handy for putting a quick edge on most wood anyone would work.

Kevin
Beautifully done! Nice work. GLWS
Hi Kevin, I still have that lathe in storage, I’ll give you a fantastic deal on it! I am between shops currently…
Thanks for the kudos! This build went so well that I decided to build another one, but this time I installed a Byrd SHELIX cutter head. I still need to order the motor pulley and belt, but it's essentially done. And I am done with machine restoration for a while: back to making sawdust.

[Image: IMG-3774.jpg]" />