BIRDS IN PARADISE
Hello once again everyone I have now completed about 90% of the carving and will be starting the pyrography work next. Most of the details are carved but there will be many achieved with pyrography and color. I have many small leaves at the bottom that overlap many times that is what I've been working on. You will see many changes in the photos if you have been following along the whole time.

Attached Files Image(s)

Another beautiful piece Bruce!
That reminds me of the restaurant called Rain Forest we went to many years ago
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
This piece was made from two pieces of soft Maple glued into a blank that was first turned on the lathe to various thicknesses to allow the carving process to take place. After turning on the lathe the pattern was hand drawn and hand carved and pyrography was applied by myself. The finish size is 7" x 11" and the coloring was achieved with alcohol inks blended to make the colors you see. The final finish is satin lacquer, the inside was colored with black acrylic.

Attached Files Image(s)

wow . . . that's d@mn amazing!  
Cool

the fact that you kept the colors from running together is really impressive too.  
Yes
Holy Cow!!!  The parrot looks great, I had to look a second time to see the hummingbird.  One of my mother's favorite plants was the "white elephant ear", at least that is what she called it.  You really nailed it!!!  It looks so real, I cannot believe it is not real, but a piece of art.

Bruce, everything you've posted over the years has been amazing, but I think this one may be at the top.

Thank you for sharing your talent with us.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
Wow. .
Thank you everyone! This piece made the cover on WOW. website  The World Of Woodturners. 

This piece has also been sold bought by the Dave Long collection.

Attached Files Image(s)