Anybody know much about "Combi Core" plywood?
Anybody know much about "Combi core" plywood?

Friend gave me some and I'm not sure how to use it.  I had some plans but since this stuff has MDF surfaces it's not suitable for any kind of exposure to moisture.

What I've got is 3/4" thick, five-layer (Three thick, two thin) veneer core with MDF outer layers, thin, printed vinyl on one face and the other face is "paint ready."

I'm building some shelves for a community center and I assume it will work well for that application but I won't be using it in an unheated storage shed as planned.

How would it work for building speaker boxes???

(also posted in "off topic" because you never know who knows what)
Rolleyes
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
It will likely make excellent speaker enclosures or any other interior cabinet like structure. Also book shelves, though you may need to add some edge or center thicknessers for added stiffness depending on the length of the shelf and the loading.
The MDF can be sealed with paint or poly or some other marine-grade finish if you want to use it in an exterior application. Same kind of scenario as for baltic birch or some other plywood.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill