Dewalt 8 1/4" ts opinions?
Nephew wants a Dewalt 8 1/4" ts. I looked at one at HD. Looked like a toy.
User opinions?
I know it says no dado blades. What prevents it from swinging a 6" dado stack?
Maybe old iron has spoiled me.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
(05-28-2023, 07:40 AM)Pirate Wrote: I know it says no dado blades. What prevents it from swinging a 6" dado stack?
Maybe old iron has spoiled me.

I've heard that the arbor is not long enough; you really have to eyeball it to see how much it could take.  Also, the table insert might be screwed in and making one for a dado may be problematic even if it could fit even a bit.  I have no idea why anyone would buy such a saw.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Probably following the European safety model of not allowing dado on the tablesaw.
No experience with the 8-1/4 but have an older 10in model 745, 15 amp. that I've shoved a ridiculous amount of wood through it the last nine years with no issues and wouldn't hesitate to replace it with the same or the 8-1/4. It also doesn't have enough shoulder for a full dado stack.

The one thing I would check is the top as these are an alloy and are cast not a machine deck.
(05-29-2023, 06:29 AM)stav Wrote: Probably following the European safety model of not allowing dado on the tablesaw.

Or just simplifying their inventory to sell the machine in the EU; 220v of course.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
Photo 
I have it.  I like it.  I only got it since I needed a super mobile saw while I was moving ana rebuilding.  I do like it.  That being said when I get my new shop built I'll get a more realistic saw.
"Life is too short for bad tools.".-- Pedder 7/22/11